Flaminkevlei Waterfront is a wonderful holiday haven,
offering tranquility or fun on the mostly sunny West Coast days
The meandering Bergrivier reflects the vibe of Laaiplek, a quaint fishing village, and an absolute birder and photographer's mecca.
Beautiful beaches are found from Laaiplek all along St Helena Bay.
The bay is a deep water marina and is part of the West Coast whale route. It offers excellent sailing and snorkeling conditions — an added attraction for visitors!
Our Self Catering Apartments
A 1 & 1/2 bedroom apartment on the south west side of the ground level. The apartment is ideal for 3 adults, and can sleep an extra person in the living area. It has two separate bathrooms.
It boasts a full view of the river, salt marshes and jetties.
Our family apartment is a spacious open plan unit, located on the front of the upper level. It sleeps 2 adults; and 2 kids in a separate area.
From the balcony you have a bird's eye view of the entire array of splendid scenery.
Your booking on this website
gives us the opportunity
to assist you with the best quote
for your requirements
Our amazing diversity of splendid views
- At the left side you see a wide open wetland area, frequented by gracious South African Lesser Flamingos.
- Directly in front you have a full view of the Bergrivier with jetties dotted along its banks. It is fascinating to observe an abundance of various bird species going about their own daily interactions; or to watch the comings and goings of fishing boats.
- On the other side of the river you look upon a game farm where one can often spot grazing ostriches and buck. The farmland forms a long, narrow island with the river running alongside it, meeting the beach and ocean on the horizon.
- At the right side you have the Laaiplek slipway with its boats and trawlers, giving the scene a classic oil-painting look, especially during sunrise and sunset.
- After sunset you have awesome views of lights edging the outline of the St Helena bay area and Laaiplek-slipway. It really is a photographer's paradise!
The area is rich and diverse with abundant choices of activities and relaxation. If you enjoy photography,watching birdlife, walking, cycling, visiting historical places, golf or fishing — then Flaminkevlei Waterfront, is just the holiday destination for you. From here you can enjoy all the sights, sounds and flavors the West Coast has to offer.